RHI paid directly to property developers/builders
From June 2018, Property Developers or Small Builders who are planning to build two or more properties on a single plot, can benefit from Heat Incentives paid directly to them.
The criteria is simply that each property uses a Ground Source Heat Pump connected to a common ground loop or bore hole. The RHI returns will be ‘deemed’ which means that the figure paid will be set according to the properties EPC. Incentives will be paid quarterly and will rise each April in line with the current CPI.
Not only will this encourage the use of Ground Source Heat Pump installations in off-grid areas, it will also become cost effective in mains gas areas. It will also mean that bore hole installations will now become cost effective.
The end user (property owner) will benefit from a highly efficient and clean heating source. They will also own the unit and be required to keep it serviceable.
- X2 200M2 properties with underfloor heating to the ground floor and radiators to the first floor.
- EPC gives 13,000kWh’s for heating and hot water for each property.
- Deemed RHI is calculated as 13,000
- RHI 13,000 x 9.36pence (current tariff) = £1,216.80 x 2 properties = £2,433.60
- RHI payment for 2 properties £2,433.60 x 20 years = £48,762.00 (rising as per CPI rates).
Installation costs from:
£24,000.00 using 2 x 6kW inverter driven NIBE heat pumps with incorporated hot water cylinders.