Underfloor Heating at a Glance
- Renewable, Energy Efficient Heating System
- Suitable for Almost All Properties
- Lower Energy Bills
- Ongoing Product Development
- Lifetime Pipework Warranty
- Exceptional Customer Service
Underfloor heating (UFH) systems are an energy-efficient way of heating your home through flexible and strong tubing that’s installed under the floor. Not only is the unit efficient and affordable, but also maximises the available space while offering flexible controls.
What’s more, there are different types of underfloor heating systems available on the market. However, the best solution for your home will depend on various factors like your energy source, project type and current heating unit. The best part about this unit though is that it works exceptionally well with our renewable heating units such as air source heat pumps (ASHPs)
How Does Underfloor Heating Work?
Underfloor heating works by circulating warm water through a series of continuous loops that are installed under your floor, turning it into a giant radiant surface that heats up the room from the ground up!
Through this process, the heat produced by the system reaches every corner of the room, ensuring there are zero hot heads, zero cold spots and no cold feet. What’s more, since this form of heating covers a larger surface area, it uses much lower water temperatures compared to radiators. This further helps improve its efficiency, especially when paired with heat pumps from JL Phillips.
Click here to find out how underfloor heating works with our heat pumps!
Types of Underfloor Heating Systems
- Water/Wet Underfloor Heating
Water or wet underfloor heating is an excellent way to warm your floors. In this system, a series of pipes are connected to your boiler, which then circulates warm water throughout the floor to heat the room.
The best part about this type of underfloor heating system is that you can easily connect them with our air source or ground source heat pump (GSHPs).
Benefits of Underfloor Heating
- Energy Efficient – Underfloor heating systems work through radiation and heat up your home from the ground up. This is an excellent way of heating the room compared to the conventional method, as it offers around 25% more efficiency. What’s more, when paired with your existing heat pumps from JL Phillips, the efficiency shoots up to 40%.
- Flexible Control – Since UFH is zoned into different areas, it offers you complete control over the heating of your home. This means you can set different temperatures for different rooms and program the system based on your own behaviours.
- Renewable Heating Source – Underfloor heating uses a much lower flow temperature when compared to conventional units. Therefore it makes for the perfect match for our economical heat sources such as air or ground source heat pumps.
- Safe and Healthy – Since underfloor heating units work through radiation instead of convection, there is very little dust and draft movement. Moreover, they don’t have any exposed hot or sharp edges, meaning the unit is a safe option for a home that has elderly and young children living in it.
- Discreet and Space Saving – The tubes of underfloor heating are installed beneath the floor, which makes it invisible to the eye. Additionally, it eliminates the requirement of radiators, offering ample free space in the room.
- Environmentally-Friendly – Being a low temperature heating system, UFH consumes less energy compared to traditional units. This further helps you reduce your carbon footprint, more so when installed alongside a heat pump from JL Phillips.
- Underfloor heating systems are extremely versatile and can be paired with an array of fuel types, including our air source and ground source heat pumps.
- The unit can be used under most floor coverings, including tiles, vinyl, laminate, engineered wood and carpet.
- Underfloor heating is healthier and safer than radiators, as their exposed hot surfaces are hidden and dust traps removed.
- The system offers a controlled and comfortable heat source, meaning you are no longer dictated to by the temperature of your home.
Why Choose JL Phillips?
At JL Phillips, we’ve been planning and installing renewable technology for more than a decade, giving us an industry experience that’s bespoke and unparalleled. We’re also committed to helping our customers shift to greener technologies and work closely with them to understand and meet their requirements.
If you’ve already installed our air/ground source heat pump or biomass boilers get in touch with our team to install underfloor heating today!